District Update March 25th
🐾 Greetings Tahlequah Public Schools 🐾
The path forward is still not 100% clear, but we do have some direction:
· Students will not be returning to our school buildings this year. This has been directed by the State Board of Education.
· All state schools have been directed to adopt or create a “distance learning” model for students to finish the 2019-2020 school year. This program will start on April 6.
· We will be using the framework for distance education provided by OSDE. THEY DO NOT HAVE IT AVAILABLE YET. Once it is available (very soon), we will share that with you. For us, it will be a combination of online work and actual paper packets for students.
· All extra-curricular activities and trips are cancelled for the remainder of the school year, per the State Department of Education.
· There have been no decisions made regarding graduation. Given the current situation and information available, it will probably not happen on the scheduled day. I am committed to finding a way to honor our seniors and their accomplishments. However, we cannot violate local, state, and federal regulations regarding large gatherings. We may have to find a creative alternative, but my hope is to reschedule it for a later date.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. This is a challenge none of us have dealt with before. We appreciate our parents, students, staff, and community, and we thank you for your support.
We will provide more updates as information becomes available.